Welcome to this self-scoring, 10-item quiz on German Advent and Christmas customs. Good luck!
If you do well on this quiz, congratulations! If not, you’ll find all the Christmas information you need via the links below.
Next | Christmas from A to Z
AT THE GERMAN WAY
- Christmas from A to Z – German Christmas traditions and terms
- Christmas – An introduction to German, Austrian and Swiss Christmas traditions
- Christmas Markets in Germany and Europe – An overview of the top Weihnachtsmärkte in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Photo Gallery: Christmas in Germany – Berlin – A visual tour of Christmas markets and other December sights in Berlin
- Advent and Christmas – The “arrival”
- Christmas in the USA and Germany– A comparison chart
- The Christmas Tree and its German history
- Barbarazweig – The legend and the Christmas custom
- Epiphany and the Sternsinger – About January 6 in the Germanic Christmas tradition
- Erntedank (“harvest thanksgiving”) or Erntedankfest in Germany and Austria is different from the American Thanksgiving tradition. More…
- St. Nicholas – The many German St. Nicks
- Thomas Nast created the modern Santa image.
- The German Pickle Ornament – Is it really a German Christmas tradition?
- Glass Christmas Ornaments – a history of German glass ornaments
- Silent Night (Stille Nacht) – Our “Silent Night” page has the true story and related links.
- Holidays and Celebrations in Austria, Germany and Switzerland
- History & Culture – Austria, Germany and Switzerland