Books: Germany > Book: When in Germany…
Do you want to blend in when visiting Berlin? To feel like you belong in Bavaria? When in Germany, Do as the Germans Do makes it simple! If you long to navigate the narrow streets of an Alpine village unnoticed or go to a movie in Munich without turning heads, transform yourself from a typical tourist into a connoiseur of culture. With this crash course in German customs and heritage, you’ll avoid embarrassing blunders and enrich your travel experience.
Packed with almost one hundred articles, this handy collection of cultural dos and don’ts covers a broad range of topics, including food, art, pop culture, politics, business, entertainment, and more. With light-hearted quizzes, cool websites, and up-to-date insights into all aspects of German culture, When in Germany, DO AS THE GERMANS DO will delight everyone from students and tourists to armchair travelers and trivia buffs.
- At a restaurant, should I find my own table or wait to be seated?
- What is a suitable topic for small talk with a stranger in Germany?
- Are gas stations open on Sundays?
- What Goethe novel swept the world in the 1770s?
- Where do Germans get their fascination with the American Wild West?
- Can I use an ATM card in Germany?
– From the back cover of the book
Price: $11.07 (paper), $9.99 (Kindle)
Paperback, 124 pages
Publish Date: 2002
GET IT! > Buy When in Germany… from Amazon.com! – Also available from your local bookseller and other online vendors.
Also see: Perfect Phrases in German for Confident Travel – The No Faux-Pas Phrasebook for the Perfect Trip, by Hyde Flippo
More German Connections
- The German Way Store – Books, DVDs, travel items and more for expats or travelers in German-speaking Europe.
- German Language – Help with the language used in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and a few other countries
- Living in Germany – What expats need to know about living and working in German-speaking Europe!
- The German Way Expat Blog – Our blog for expats by expats
- GW Topic Index – An alphabetical list of topics and subjects related to travel and life in Germany.
- The German Way Forum – Share info and learn about life in German-speaking Europe.
More | Books: Germany