ELP-Expat supports expatriates and their employers in the Düsseldorf, Germany region. We help facilitate the integration process related to: public authorities, translation, relocation, family services, job search, and cultural match.
Who am I?
I am Elisa Pugliese, trilingual in German, Italian, English. I was born in Italy and moved abroad in 1984, first to China, then back to Italy, then to the UK, and now in Germany since 2007. Currently living in Düsseldorf.
I first earned a BA degree in communication, and after many years working for international companies, I now have a German Masters in Social Management. I am a language mediator at BAMF (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees) and a volunteer at DRK (German Red Cross). As a result, I have attended several trainings related to migration topics and migration psychology.
What can I do for you?
I will make your new life in Düsseldorf easier! I will speed up the integration process for you, your family, and your profession. You will thus have the utmost enjoyment of your relocation – at its best.
For employers I can manage information and bureaucracy related to work permits, work contracts, and relocation packages.
Although I focus primarily on in-person, hands-on advisement in the Düsseldorf area, I can also help expats in other parts of Germany with matters that don’t require a face-to-face presence – via email, Skype, or phone.
Because of my strong affinity with intercultural relations, my experience in dealing with German institutions, my confidential attitude and understanding of complex situations, and my extensive network of German professionals to support you in all issues.
What does it cost?
See more about our fees and a special offer for German Way readers below.
ELP-Expat offers the following services and options for expats living in Germany, whether you are new to the country or have been here already for some time.
HOUSING & FAMILY
- Select the perfect neighborhood for your needs
- Home search
- Translation and review the renting contract
- Explanation of law and local habits
- Contracting of utilities, Internet and landline
- Childcare, enrollment kindergarten and school
- Kindergeld matters and family support
- Filling out tax forms. Tax return preparation (in cooperation with German experts)
BUREAUCRACY & ADMINISTRATION
- Residence permit and general procedures
- Health insurance – public or private
- Information about taxes and income declaration (in cooperation with German experts and advisors)
- Personal liability insurance. Legal-expenses insurance. Household insurance and many other, which are usual in Germany (in cooperation with German experts)
- Driving license conversion, vehicle registration
- Resumé and applications done “the German way”
- Introduction of labor contract forms in Germany
- Review of employment contracts
- Set up your own business in Germany: legal forms, free-lance business tips, regulation and business specifications for the German market
TRANSLATION & INTERPRETING
- Translation of professional documents, contracts, and paperwork
- Interpreting services. Language training. Language exchange
My fees vary and are customized to each client’s needs. Details after a free consultation (see below).
Special offer for German Way readers: An initial FREE Skype call (maximum of 20 minutes)
Email: Email ELP-Expat (Subject: GW Skype offer)