TWITTER > GW on Facebook
Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging community that allows you to follow your friends and family — and find interesting things on the web.
With Twitter, people can tell each other what they’re doing in short messages called “tweets.” A tweet must be short (no longer than 140 characters). Tweets can be sent via the web, mobile texting, or instant message. Businesses can also broadcast their latest news and blog posts, interact with customers, or enable easy internal collaboration and group communication.
Twitter allows you to decide the people or websites you want to follow (i.e., get updates from). In turn, others may decide to follow your tweets or not. If you follow our GW tweets, you’ll get site updates, plus the German Word of the Day, and notification of all new Expat Blog entries. It’s a great adjunct to our monthly WebNotes newsletter. Follow us on Twitter!
How does it work?
It is easy to access Twitter with any web browser, but there are also various specialized third-party tools and applications (such as Tweetdeck, Twirl, Snitter, or the Twitterfox add-on for Firefox) for accessing and posting tweets from your cell phone or PDA, and to feed entries from a blog to your Twitter account (Twitterfeed).
Do you twitter?
If not, it’s easy to sign up for your own free Twitter account. If you are already twittering, then simply follow us on Twitter.
Sign up > Twitter.com
Web content ©1997-2011 Hyde Flippo
Legal Notice: We are not responsible for the content of external links.
Staying in Touch
- Also find us on Facebook!
- Follow us on Twitter (details above)
- The German Way Expat Blog for expats in German-speaking Europe
More German Way Stuff
- Cell Phone Tips - Why your mobile phone (“Handy” in German) may not be so handy in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. Also see Telephone Tips.
- Driving in Germany and Europe
- Electrical Tips - Some shocking facts about electrical appliances in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland.
- Famous People from Austria, Germany, or Switzerland
- Our Expat Page has advice and links for expats in German Europe.
- Internet and Modem Tips
- Telephone Tips - Do you know how to use a German coin or credit card phone
MORE > Contents
MORE > GW Topic index